59 Running a blog Statistics for 2023
Are you interested by the state of running a blog in 2023? Then look no additional.
We’ve curated, vetted, and categorized an inventory of up-to-date statistics under.
Click on to leap to a class, or maintain studying for our prime running a blog statistics:
These are probably the most attention-grabbing running a blog statistics it’s best to know.
- 71% of entrepreneurs report that content material advertising has turn into extra essential to their group within the final 12 months (Content Marketing Institute).
- 76% of content material entrepreneurs use content material to generate leads (Parse.ly).
- There are greater than 600 million blogs out of 1.9 billion web sites worldwide (Web Tribunal).
- 77% of web customers learn blogs (Social Media Today), and practically 26% of individuals within the U.Okay. aged 5–18 are studying blogs (Statista).
- There’s a sturdy optimistic correlation between phrase depend and backlinks, however solely as much as 1,000 phrases. For posts longer than 1,000 phrases, there’s a sturdy unfavorable correlation between phrase depend and backlinks (Ahrefs).
- There’s a average correlation between content material size and natural site visitors, however solely as much as 2,000 phrases. For posts longer than 2,000 phrases, there’s a average unfavorable correlation between phrase depend and natural site visitors (Ahrefs).
- 80% of bloggers report that running a blog drives outcomes (Orbit Media).
- The bloggers who publish two to 6 occasions per week are 50% extra more likely to report sturdy outcomes (Orbit Media).
- Bloggers who use 7+ pictures per publish are 2.3X extra more likely to report sturdy outcomes (Orbit Media).
- 65% of B2B consumers cite vendor web sites as one in every of their most extremely influential content material sorts. That is adopted by third-party web sites (48%) and third-party articles by impartial publishers (39%) (MarketingCharts).
- 59% of hyperlinks shared on social media are shared with out ever being learn (Chicago Tribune).
What’s the state of running a blog in 2023? Listed here are some statistics which will shock you.
- Tumblr hosts over 518 million blogs, whereas WordPress hosts over 60 million blogs (Web Tribunal).
- WordPress powers over 43.2% of the web (W3Techs).
- Roughly 70 million new posts are printed on WordPress every month (WordPress).
- On common, 77 million new feedback are added to WordPress posts per 30 days (WordPress).
- From 2023 to 2027, the worldwide content material advertising business is anticipated to develop by $584.02 billion (ReportLinker).
- 44% of consumers say they usually devour three to 5 items of content material earlier than participating with a vendor (Demand Gen Report).
- Greater than half of customers will cease what they’re doing in the event that they encounter points when viewing content material (Adobe).
- Solely 40% of entrepreneurs have a written content material technique (Content Marketing Institute).
Do bloggers actually earn cash? Or is it only a pipe dream? Try these statistics on running a blog income.
- 33% of bloggers don’t earn any cash in any respect (TechJury).
- The preferred monetization technique for bloggers is Google AdSense, adopted by affiliate marketing online. Nonetheless, for high-income bloggers, AdSense ranks third; these bloggers are 2.5 occasions extra more likely to promote their very own services or products than use AdSense (GrowthBadger).
- Bloggers make most of their revenue from advertisements, affiliate merchandise, sponsored product opinions, promoting their very own merchandise, and on-line programs (RankIQ).
- 45% of bloggers who earn over $50,000 per 12 months promote their very own services or products, whereas solely 8% of lower-income bloggers do this (GrowthBadger).
- 72% of bloggers making $2,000+/month use both Mediavine or Adthrive as their advert administration firm (RankIQ).
- Probably the most worthwhile area of interest is the meals weblog area of interest. Meals bloggers have the very best median month-to-month revenue ($9,169) as in comparison with bloggers from all main niches (RankIQ).
- The niches which have the very best proportion of blogs with over 50,000 month-to-month periods are meals (42.8%), way of life (13.3%), and journey (10%) (RankIQ).
How lengthy ought to your weblog posts be? How typically must you publish? When must you publish? These are questions bloggers all the time ask.
- Engagement drops for posts with a studying time longer than seven minutes (Medium).
- 73% of individuals admit to skimming weblog posts, whereas 27% devour posts totally (HubSpot).
- 75% of the general public prefers studying articles beneath 1,000 phrases (Contently).
- The common weblog publish takes 4 hours and 10 minutes to jot down (Orbit Media).
- The common weblog publish is 1,376 phrases (Orbit Media).
- The standard B2B article is 1,460 phrases in comparison with B2C articles, that are 1,300 phrases (Orbit Media).
- About 66% of bloggers publish weekly, month-to-month, or someplace in between (Orbit Media).
As competitors intensifies, bloggers must create higher-quality content material. Try these statistics on content material codecs and high quality.
- “High quality of content material” is rated the #1 most essential success issue amongst all bloggers. Nonetheless, higher-income bloggers put far more emphasis on selling their content material than lower-income bloggers do (GrowthBadger).
- Most bloggers add round one to 3 pictures per weblog publish (Orbit Media).
- 42% of bloggers are conducting and publishing authentic analysis (Orbit Media).
- 37% of bloggers work with editors (Orbit Media).
- The commonest complaints about content material—too wordy, poorly written, or poorly designed (Adobe).
To get constant site visitors to your weblog, you first must get your article listed and rating in the various search engines.
- 68% of on-line experiences start with a search engine (BrightEdge).
- 90.63% of pages get no natural search site visitors from Google (Ahrefs).
- Solely 5.7% of pages will rank within the prime 10 search outcomes inside a 12 months of publication (Ahrefs).
- The common web page within the prime 10 is 2+ years outdated (Ahrefs).
- The common top-ranking web page additionally ranks within the prime 10 search outcomes for practically 1,000 different related key phrases (Ahrefs).
- Usually talking, the extra backlinks a web page has, the extra natural site visitors it will get from Google (Ahrefs).
- There’s no correlation between Flesch Reading Ease scores and rating positions (Ahrefs).
- 71% of bloggers say website positioning is crucial supply of site visitors (Orbit Media).
- Solely 50% of bloggers are doing key phrase analysis for many of their content material (Orbit Media).
- 17% of bloggers by no means analysis key phrases (Orbit Media).
- Bloggers who earn over $50,000 per 12 months put loads of emphasis on website positioning. Their #1 site visitors supply is usually Google natural search; additionally, in comparison with lower-income bloggers, they’re 4.3 occasions as more likely to conduct key phrase analysis (GrowthBadger).
- 73% of bloggers are updating outdated content material (Orbit Media).
Your weblog can’t go viral in a single day. It must be found, promoted, and marketed.
- Solely 32% of bloggers often test their blogs’ site visitors analytics (Statista).
- Social media is the most well-liked channel for driving weblog site visitors (Orbit Media).
- 70% of bloggers who earn over $50,000 per 12 months say they’re lively or very lively promoters of their blogs, in comparison with solely 14% of lower-income bloggers (GrowthBadger).
- Bloggers who collaborate with influencers get higher outcomes (Orbit Media).
- Bloggers who earn over $50,000 per 12 months from their blogs are over twice as more likely to concentrate on getting e-mail subscribers in comparison with lower-income bloggers. In addition they use 343% as many email-collection strategies as lower-income bloggers (GrowthBadger).
Visitor running a blog is alive and effectively, and it’s nonetheless a good way to amass hyperlinks and be uncovered to a big viewers.
- The common price of publishing a paid visitor publish is $77.80 (Ahrefs).
- 50% of bloggers carry out outreach for visitor posts to 10 or fewer contacts a month, whereas 7% of them pitch to 100 or extra blogs per 30 days (Referral Rock).
- 60% of bloggers write one to 5 visitor posts per 30 days (Referral Rock).
- 87% of bloggers provide you with visitor publish concepts themselves, however solely 52% of them do the precise writing (Referral Rock).
Wish to study extra about running a blog and content material advertising? Get began with these guides:
Do you may have different attention-grabbing statistics to share? Let me know on Twitter.